Annandale Community Preschool
Annandale Public Schools Preschool provides an innovative classroom where your child's creativity and imagination soar! Our diverse classrooms help your child discover a love for learning in an interactive, stimulating, and academically rich environment. We have created a program with you and your family in mind - with many options but the same standards of excellence and success as all of the Annandale Public Schools.
Annandale Public Schools Preschool is a program of Annandale and Maple Lake Community Education. Our Annandale Public Schools Preschool aligns the curriculum with Annandale Public Schools K-12 curriculum. We welcome you to contact us if your would like to arrange a tour. Contact Tiffany Grube, Director of Community Education, at email@example.com or 320-274-3058.
Bright Beginnings: Is for students who are 3 years of age by Sept. 1, 2020 and toilet trained. Bright Beginnings is a great way to give your child an extra start in school readiness skills focusing on building a positive self image that develops confidence, independence, social skills and success for life long learning.
Kindergarten Connection: Is for students who are 4 years of age by Sept. 1, 2020 and toilet trained. Kindergarten Connection is an integrated program providing high quality learning experiences for our pre-kindergarten students. This program is designed for the next step into Kindergarten!
Transportation: Students may pay an additional monthly fee for transportation to and from school pending their location. Check out the map for where transportation is provided to and from and for what class option. Students who are age 4 by Sept. 1, 2020 are eligible to ride the bus no matter if they attend Bright Beginnings or Kindergarten Connection. Check out the Annandale Preschool Transportation page for more information
Rates: We are fortunate to be able to provide a sliding fee scale to our participants. If you have questions in regards to rates please contact our office as we may have some scholarship options available to you.
What Will My Child Learn?
At Annandale Public Schools, our mission is to achieve educational excellence and to inspire a life-long passion for learning. Our preschool is designed to create excitement around education for your child and provide a foundation for lifelong learning. Our curriculum is a balanced approach of all social-emotional and academic areas. We focus on personalized learning for your child. Lessons are designed around your child's skills to prepare them for kindergarten and beyond.
What Does a Typical Preschool Day Include?
- Opening Circle: songs, sharing, stories and calendar
- Choice Time: free play, art projects and games
- Reading Readiness: alliteration, phonemic awareness, letter recognition, rhyming, and Hand Writing with out Tears
- Indoor recess or Playground: free play and organized games
- Math: numbers, counting, sorting and grouping
- Art and Music: individual expression and creativity
- Science: exploration of nature, plants, animals and weather
- Extended full-day options with open times from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. through Cardinal Kids Club Childcare.
- On-site special events.
- All preschool classes use Authentic Assessments and Handwriting with out Tears.
- Teachers work collaboratively within the district and are Licensed Early Education Teachers
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Parent Nights - let your child show you what they have learned
- Moving Up celebration at the end of year!